In accordance with the Federal Advisory Committee Act (Pub. L. 92-463, as amended), the National Science Foundation (NSF) announces the following meeting:
Name and Committee Code: Advisory Committee for Polar Programs (1130).Start Printed Page 48874
Date and Time: November 1, 2018; 1:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m., November 2, 2018; 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
Place: National Science Foundation, 2415 Eisenhower Avenue, Room E 2030, Alexandria, Virginia 22314.
Type of Meeting: Open.
Contact Person: Andrew Backe, National Science Foundation, 2415 Eisenhower Avenue, Room W 7237, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; Telephone (703) 292-2454.
Minutes: May be obtained from the contact person listed above.
Purpose of Meeting: To provide advice and recommendations to the National Science Foundation concerning support for polar research, education, infrastructure and logistics, and related activities.
November 1, 2018; 1:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Opening Remarks and Introductions
- Safety Discussion
- Arctic Portfolio Review Update
- Polar Research Vessel Requirements Update
- Multidisciplinary Drifting Observatory for the Study of Arctic Climate (MOSAiC) Update
November 2, 2018; 8:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Antarctic Infrastructure Modernization for Science (AIMS) Update
- OISE's Recent Efforts/NSF International Strategic Visioning Document
- Meeting with the NSF Director and COO
- Polar Document Review
- Wrap-up and Actions
Dated: September 24, 2018.
Committee Management Officer.
[FR Doc. 2018-21036 Filed 9-26-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7555-01-P