Coast Guard, DHS.
Notice of meeting.
The United States Coast Guard will conduct an open meeting in Washington, DC in preparation for the upcoming one hundred twenty first session of IMO Council to be held at the IMO Headquarters, United Kingdom, November 19-23, 2018.
This meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 13, 2018, beginning at 10:30 a.m., Eastern Time. This meeting is open to the public.
The public meeting will be held in Room 5L18-01 of the Douglas A. Munro Coast Guard Headquarters Building at St. Elizabeth's, 2703 Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20593. Due to security requirements, each visitor must present two valid, government-issued forms of identification in order to gain entrance to the building. Those desiring to attend the public meeting should contact the Coast Guard ahead of the meeting (see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT) to facilitate the security process related to building access, or to request reasonable accommodation.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For additional information about this public meeting you may contact Lieutenant Commander Staci Weist by telephone at 202-372-1376 or by email at Eustacia.Y.Weist@uscg.mil.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The primary purpose of this meeting is to prepare for the upcoming one hundred twenty first session of IMO Council (C 120). The agenda items for this session include:
○ Adoption of the agenda
○ Report of the Secretary-General on credentials
○ Strategy, planning and reform
○ Rules of Procedure of the Assembly
○ Resource Management
○ IMO Member State Audit Scheme
○ Consideration of the report of the Marine Environment Protection Committee
○ Consideration of the report of the Technical Cooperation Committee
○ Technical Cooperation Fund: Report on activities of the 2017 programme
○ Word Maritime University
○ IMO International Maritime Law InstituteStart Printed Page 55191
○ Protection of vital shipping lanes
○ External relations
○ Report on the status of the Convention and membership of the Organization
○ Report on the status of conventions and other multilateral instruments in respect of which the Organization performs functions
○ Contract of the Secretary-General
○ Place, date and duration of the next session of the Council
○ Supplementary agenda items, if any
Members of the public may attend this meeting up to the seating capacity of the room. To facilitate the building security process, and to request reasonable accommodation, those who plan to attend should contact the meeting coordinator, Lieutenant Commander Staci Weist, not later than November 7, 2018. Requests made after November 7, 2018, may not be able to be accommodated. It is recommended that attendees arrive to Coast Guard Headquarters no later than 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled meeting for the security screening process. Parking in the vicinity of the building is extremely limited. Additional information regarding this and other IMO public meetings may be found at: www.uscg.mil/imo.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: October 26, 2018.
Benjamin J. Hawkins,
Acting Director, Commercial Regulations and Standards, U.S. Coast Guard.
[FR Doc. 2018-24031 Filed 11-1-18; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P