Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed collection OMB 1140-0025 (Limited Permittee Transaction Report—ATF F 5400.4) is being revised due to a change in the public cost burden, because of a postage rate increase since the last renewal in 2016.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until May 13, 2019.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, regarding the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact: Anita Scheddel, Program Analyst, Explosives Industry Programs Branch, either by mail at 99 New York Ave. NE, Washington, DC 20226, by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 202-648-7158.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection ( check justification or form 83): Start Printed Page 8895Revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Limited Permittee Transaction Report.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF F 5400.4.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individuals or households.
Other (if applicable): Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: The purpose of this collection is to enable ATF to determine if limited permittees have exceeded the number of receipts of explosives materials they are allowed, as well as the eligibility of such persons to purchase explosive materials.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 125 respondents will utilize the form approximately six (6) times annually, and it will take each respondent approximately 20 minutes to complete each form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 750 hours, which is equal to 125 (# of respondents) * 6 (number of responses per respondent) * .333333 (20 mins).
7. An Explanation of the Change in Estimates: The public cost burden for this information collection increased by a total $45 from $368 since the last renewal in 2016 to $413 in 2019, due to a postage rate from 49 cents to 55 cents.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: March 7, 2019.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2019-04443 Filed 3-11-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P