Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until May 17, 2019.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, regarding the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact: Desiree M. Dickinson, ATF Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch either by mail at 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, or by email at email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of Start Printed Page 9835appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form 83): Extension, with change, of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Application to Register as an Importer of U.S. Munitions Import List Articles.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF Form 4587 (5330.4).
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other (if applicable): Federal Government and State, Local, or Tribal Government.
Abstract: The purpose of this information collection is to allow ATF to determine if the registrant qualifies to engage in the business of importing a firearm or firearms, ammunition, and implements of war, and to facilitate the collection of registration fees.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 300 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 30 minutes to complete their responses to this form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 150, which is equal to 300 (# of respondents) * one (# of times per response) * .5 (30 minutes).
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: March 13, 2019.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2019-04967 Filed 3-15-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P