Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until July 2, 2019.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated burden and associated response time, should be directed to Mrs. Amy C. Blasher, Unit Chief, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Module E-3, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be sent to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or send to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Law Enforcement Officers Killed or Assaulted.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: 1110-0006. Sponsor: Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: City, county, state, tribal and federal law enforcement agencies. Abstract: Under Title 28, U.S. Code 534, Acquisition, Preservation, and Exchange of Identification Records; Appointments of Officials, 1930, this collection requests Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted data from city, county, state, federal, and tribal law enforcement agencies in order for the FBI UCR Program to serve as the national clearinghouse for the collection and dissemination of crime data and to publish these statistics in the Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted annual publication.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There are approximately 18,547 law enforcement agency within the universe of potential respondents. Based on current reporting patterns, 10,721 law enforcement agencies would submit monthly resulting in 128,652 responses with an estimated response time of 7 minutes per response on this form. The remaining 7,826 agencies would provide responses through the National Incident-Based Reporting System covered under a different data collection.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are approximately 15,009 hours, annual burden, associated with this information collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 29, 2019.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2019-08999 Filed 5-2-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P