Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register, on March 27, 2019, allowing for a 60-day comment period. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until June 28, 2019.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, particularly with respect to the estimated public burden or associated response time, have suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or desire any other additional information, please contact: Neil Troppman, ATF National Tracing Center, Law Enforcement Support Branch, either by mail at 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at 304-260-3643. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension, with change, of a currently approved collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: National Tracing Center Trace Request/Solicitud de Rastreo del Centro Nacional de Rastreo.Start Printed Page 24818
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department ponsoring the collection:
Form number: ATF Form 3312.1/3312.1 (S).
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Federal Government.
Other: State, Local, or Tribal Government.
Abstract: ATF Form 3312.1/3312.1 (S) is used by Federal, State, local and certain foreign law enforcement officials, to request that ATF trace firearms used or suspected to have been used in crimes.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 6,103 respondents will utilize this form approximately 56.4439 times, and it will take each respondent approximately 6 minutes to complete the form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 34,448 hours, which is equal to 6,103 (# of respondents) * 56.4439 (# of responses per respondents) * .1 (6 minutes).
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: May 23, 2019
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2019-11200 Filed 5-28-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P