U.S. Marshals Service, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), U.S. Marshals Service (USMS), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 3, 2019, allowing for a 60-day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until July 11, 2019.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, particularly with respect to the estimated public burden or associated response time, have suggestions, need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or desire any other additional information, please contact Nicole Timmons either by mail at CG-3, 10th Floor, Washington, DC 20530-0001, by email at Nicole.Timmons@usdoj.gov, or by telephone at 202-236-2646. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: USMS Promotional Vendor Registration Website.Start Printed Page 27163
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: [None]
Component: U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: This website will allow vendors to request to be registered as a vendor of USMS promotional items. They will be asked to provide their business's contact information as well as to specify the item(s) they wish to produce bearing the USMS seal or badge design. Vendors must agree to certain restrictions in the distribution of items bearing the USMS seal or badge design, such as adhering to the requirements set forth in 18 U.S.C. 709, False advertising or misuse of names to indicate Federal agency. Approved vendors will be asked to maintain their profile in order to keep the database up-to-date and to recertify their profile is correct every two years.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 150 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 30 minutes to complete the form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 75 hours, which is equal to (150 (total # of annual responses) * .5 (30 mins).
(7) An Explanation of the Change in Estimates: No change in estimates.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 6, 2019.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2019-12234 Filed 6-10-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P