Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Executive Office for Immigration Review, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until August 1, 2019.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Lauren Alder Reid, Assistant Director, Office of Policy, Executive Office for Immigration Review, 5107 Leesburg Pike, Suite 2500, Falls Church, VA 22041, telephone: (703) 305-0289. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and/or
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension with changes to a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Cancellation of Removal for Certain Permanent Residents; and Application for Cancellation of Removal and Adjustment of Status for Certain Nonpermanent Residents.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form numbers are EOIR-42A and EOIR-42B, Executive Office for Immigration Review, United States Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual aliens determined to be removable from the United States. Other: None. Abstract: This information collection is necessary to determine the statutory eligibility of individual aliens who have been determined to be removable from the United States for cancellation of their removal, as well as to provide information relevant to a favorable exercise of discretion.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 27,999 respondents will complete the form annually with an average of 5 hours and 50 minutes per response.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated public burden associated with this collection is 162,394 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 27, 2019.
Melody D. Braswell,
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2019-14064 Filed 7-1-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-30-P