Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, “Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex in Education Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance.
Submit comments by August 2, 2019. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: OMB Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0209), Attn: Desk Officer for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 725 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20503; email: email@example.com.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2019-0024 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Website: Go to https://www.regulations.gov/ and search for Docket ID NRC-2019-0024. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2019-0024 on this website.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing ADAMS Accession Nos. ML18333A272 and ML18333A284. The supporting statement Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex in Education Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML19169A155.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. All comment submissions are posted at https://www.regulations.gov/ and entered into ADAMS. Comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that comment submissions are not routinely edited to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex in Education Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on March 25, 2019 (84 FR 11139).
1. The title of the information collection: Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Sex in Education Programs or Activities Receiving Federal Financial Assistance.
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0209.
3. Type of submission: Extension.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 781 and NRC Form 782.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) part 5 follows provisions covered in 10 CFR 4.331. Compliance reviews, which indicates that the NRC may conduct compliance reviews and Pre-Award reviews of recipients or use other similar procedures that will permit it to investigate and correct violations of the act and these regulations. The NRC may conduct these reviews even in the absence of a complaint against a recipient. The reviews may be as comprehensive as necessary to determine whether a violation of these regulations has occurred.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Recipients of federal financial assistance (FFA) provided by the NRC (including educational institutions, other nonprofit organizations receiving FFA, and Agreement States).
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 800.Start Printed Page 31930
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 200.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 3,600.
10. Abstract: The proposed collection of information is necessary to ensure nondiscrimination and compliance with Federal civil rights regulations in NRC's FFA programs and activities.
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 27th day of June, 2019.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Kristen E. Benney,
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2019-14156 Filed 7-2-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P