This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/01/2019 at 8:45 am.
This site displays a prototype of a “Web 2.0” version of the daily Federal Register. It is not an official legal edition of the Federal Register, and does not replace the official print version or the official electronic version on GPO’s govinfo.gov.
The documents posted on this site are XML renditions of published Federal Register documents. Each document posted on the site includes a link to the corresponding official PDF file on govinfo.gov. This prototype edition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov will remain an unofficial informational resource until the Administrative Committee of the Federal Register (ACFR) issues a regulation granting it official legal status. For complete information about, and access to, our official publications and services, go to About the Federal Register on NARA's archives.gov.
The OFR/GPO partnership is committed to presenting accurate and reliable regulatory information on FederalRegister.gov with the objective of establishing the XML-based Federal Register as an ACFR-sanctioned publication in the future. While every effort has been made to ensure that the material on FederalRegister.gov is accurately displayed, consistent with the official SGML-based PDF version on govinfo.gov, those relying on it for legal research should verify their results against an official edition of the Federal Register. Until the ACFR grants it official status, the XML rendition of the daily Federal Register on FederalRegister.gov does not provide legal notice to the public or judicial notice to the courts.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Treasury.
Correction to a notice of proposed rulemaking.
This document contains a correction to a notice of proposed rulemaking (REG-130700-14) that was published in the Federal Register on August 14, 2019. The proposed Start Printed Page 52411regulations relate to classification of cloud transactions for purposes of the international provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.
Written or electronic comments and requests for a public hearing are still being accepted and must be received by November 12, 2019.
Submit electronic submissions via the Federal eRulemaking Portal at https://www.regulations.gov (indicate IRS and REG-130700-14) by following the online instructions for submitting comments. Once submitted to the Federal eRulemaking Portal, comments cannot be edited or withdrawn. The Department of the Treasury (Treasury Department) and the IRS will publish for public availability any comment received to its public docket, whether submitted electronically or in hard copy. Send hard copy submissions to CC:PA:LPD:PR (REG-130700-14), Room 5203, Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 7604, Ben Franklin Station, Washington, DC 20044. Submissions may be hand-delivered Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to CC:PA:LPD:PR (REG-130700-14), Courier's Desk, Internal Revenue Service, 1111 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20224.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Concerning the proposed regulations Robert Z. Kelley, (202) 317-6939; concerning submissions of comments and requests for a public hearing, email or call Regina L. Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 317-6901 (not toll-free numbers).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The proposed regulations that are the subject of this correction are under section 861 of the Internal Revenue Code.
Need for Correction
As published, the notice of proposed rulemaking (REG-130700-14) contains errors which may prove to be misleading and need to be clarified.
Correction of Publication
1. On page 40320, first column, in the preamble, the sixteenth and seventeenth lines from the top of the second full paragraph, the language “of time, whether or not the content is transferred in a physical medium.” is corrected to read “of time.”
2. On page 40321, third column, in the preamble, the fourteenth line from the top of the second full paragraph, the language “licenses, and services, but there are” is corrected to read, “licenses, leases, and services, but there are”.Start Amendment Part
3. On page 40324, in the table for § 1.861-18, for the paragraph listed in “Paragraph” column, remove the language in the “Remove” column, and add in its place the language in the “Add” column.End Amendment Part
|* * * * * * *|
|(c)(3), second sentence||the magnetic medium of a floppy disk, or in the main memory or hard drive of a computer, or in any other medium||any medium.|
|* * * * * * *|
4. On page 40324, second column, in § 1.861-18, the seventh through ninth line from the top of paragraph (a)(3), the language “passage of time, whether or not the content is transferred in a physical medium. For example, digital content” is corrected to read “passage of time. For example, digital content”.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
5. On page 40325, third column, in § 1.861-18, the second line of paragraph (i), the language “to transactions involving the transfer of” is corrected to read “to transactions not subject to § 1.861-19 involving the transfer of”.End Amendment Part Start Signature
Senior Federal Register Liaison, Publications and Regulations Branch, Legal Processing Division, Associate Chief Counsel, (Procedure and Administration).
[FR Doc. 2019-21034 Filed 10-1-19; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4830-01-P