Susquehanna River Basin Commission.
The Susquehanna River Basin Commission will hold a public hearing on February 6, 2020, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. At this public hearing, the Commission will hear testimony on the projects listed in the Supplementary Information section of this notice. The Start Printed Page 1190Commission will also hear testimony on a proposed policy—Guidance For The Preparation Of A Metering Plan & A Groundwater Elevation Monitoring Plan For Water Withdrawals, Consumptive Uses, And Diversions. Such projects and proposals are intended to be scheduled for Commission action at its next business meeting, tentatively scheduled for March 13, 2020, which will be noticed separately. The public should take note that this public hearing will be the only opportunity to offer oral comment to the Commission for the listed projects and proposals. The deadline for the submission of written comments is February 17, 2020.
The public hearing will convene on February 6, 2020, at 2:30 p.m. The public hearing will end at 5:00 p.m. or at the conclusion of public testimony, whichever is sooner. The deadline for the submission of written comments is February 17, 2020.
The public hearing will be conducted at the Susquehanna River Basin Commission, 4423 N Front Street, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jason Oyler, General Counsel and Secretary to the Commission, telephone: (717) 238-0423; fax: (717) 238-2436. Information concerning the applications for these projects is available at the Commission's Water Application and Approval Viewer at https://www.srbc.net/waav. Additional supporting documents are available to inspect and copy in accordance with the Commission's Access to Records Policy at www.srbc.net/regulatory/policies-guidance/docs/access-to-records-policy-2009-02.pdf.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The public hearing will cover a proposed policy as posted on the SRBC Public Hearing web page at https://www.srbc.net/about/meetings-events/public-hearing.html. The public hearing will also cover the following projects.
Projects Scheduled for Action
1. Project Sponsor and Facility: ARD Operating, LLC (Lycoming Creek), Lewis Township, Lycoming County, Pa. Application for renewal of surface water withdrawal of up to 1.340 mgd (peak day) (Docket No. 20160301).
2. Project Sponsor and Facility: EQT Production Company (Wilson Creek), Duncan Township, Tioga County, Pa. Application for renewal of surface water withdrawal of up to 0.720 mgd (peak day) (Docket No. 20160305).
3. Project Sponsor and Facility: New Holland Borough Authority, New Holland Borough, Lancaster County, Pa. Application for groundwater withdrawal of up to 0.860 mgd (30-day average) from Well 5.
4. Project Sponsor and Facility: New Morgan Borough Utilities Authority, New Morgan Borough, Berks County, Pa. Modification to remove expired Well PW-3 and to recognize the interconnection with Caernarvon Township Authority. Well PW-3 automatically expired consistent with Condition 25 of the approval due to lack of commencement of withdrawal (Docket No. 20141207).
5. Project Sponsor and Facility: SWN Production Company, LLC (Susquehanna River), Oakland Township, Susquehanna County, Pa. Application for renewal of surface water withdrawal of up to 3.000 mgd (peak day) (Docket No. 20160310).
6. Project Sponsor and Facility: SWN Production Company, LLC (Tunkhannock Creek), Lenox Township, Susquehanna County, Pa. Application for renewal of surface water withdrawal of up to 1.218 mgd (peak day) (Docket No. 20160311).
7. Project Sponsor and Facility: Towanda Municipal Authority, Albany Township, Bradford County, Pa. Application for groundwater withdrawal of up to 0.551 mgd (30-day average) from the Eilenberger Spring.
8. Project Sponsor: York Haven Power Company, LLC. Project Facility: York Haven Hydroelectric Project, Londonderry Township, Dauphin County; Conoy Township, Lancaster County; and York Haven Borough and Newberry Township, York County, Pa. Application for approval of an existing hydroelectric facility.
Project Scheduled for Action Involving a Diversion
9. Project Sponsor: Gas Field Specialists, Inc. Project Facility: Wayne Gravel Products Quarry, Ceres Township, McKean County, Pa. Application for renewal of an into-basin diversion from the Ohio River Basin of up to 1.170 mgd (peak day) (Docket No. 20160312).
Commission-Initiated Project Approval Modification
10. Project Sponsor and Facility: Susquehanna Valley Country Club, Monroe Township, Snyder County, Pa. Conforming the grandfathering amount with the forthcoming determination for a groundwater withdrawal up to 0.162 mgd (30-day average) from the Front Nine Well (Docket No. 20020814).
Opportunity To Appear and Comment
Interested parties may appear at the hearing to offer comments to the Commission on any business listed above required to be subject of a public hearing. The presiding officer reserves the right to limit oral statements in the interest of time and to otherwise control the course of the hearing. Access to the hearing room will begin at 2:00 p.m. and Commission staff will be available for questions prior to the commencement of the hearing. Guidelines for the public hearing are posted on the Commission's website, www.srbc.net, prior to the hearing for review. The presiding officer reserves the right to modify or supplement such guidelines at the hearing. Written comments on any business listed above required to be subject of a public hearing may also be mailed to Mr. Jason Oyler, Secretary to the Commission, Susquehanna River Basin Commission, 4423 North Front Street, Harrisburg, Pa. 17110-1788, or submitted electronically through https://www.srbc.net/regulatory/public-comment/. Comments mailed or electronically submitted must be received by the Commission on or before February 17, 2020, to be considered.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: January 6, 2020.
Jason E. Oyler,
General Counsel and Secretary to the Commission.
[FR Doc. 2020-00159 Filed 1-8-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P