Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, and to allow a second opportunity for public comment on the notice. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including the necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions, the accuracy of the estimated burden, ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected, and the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments on the collection(s) of information must be received by the OMB desk officer by February 27, 2020.
When commenting on the proposed information collections, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be received by the OMB desk officer via one of the following transmissions: OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: CMS Desk Officer, Fax Number: (202) 395-5806 OR, Email: OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' website address at website address at https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/PaperworkReductionActof1995/PRA-Listing.html.
1. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
2. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
William Parham at (410) 786-4669.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)) requires federal agencies to publish a 30-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection Start Printed Page 4993of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice that summarizes the following proposed collection(s) of information for public comment:
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Annual Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment (EPSDT) Participation Report; Use: The collected baseline data is used to assess the effectiveness of state early and periodic screening, diagnostic and treatment (EPSDT) programs in reaching eligible children (by age group and basis of Medicaid eligibility) who are provided initial and periodic child health screening services, referred for corrective treatment, and receiving dental, hearing, and vision services. This assessment is coupled with the state's results in attaining the participation goals set for the state. The information gathered from this report, permits federal and state managers to evaluate the effectiveness of the EPSDT law on the basic aspects of the program. Form Number: CMS-416 (OMB control number 0938-0354); Frequency: Yearly and on occasion; Affected Public: State, Local, or Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 56; Total Annual Responses: 56; Total Annual Hours: 1,512. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Karen Matsuoka at 410-786-9726.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: PACE State Plan Amendment Preprint; Use: If a state elects to offer PACE as an optional Medicaid benefit, it must complete a state plan amendment preprint packet described as “Enclosures 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.” CMS will review the information provided in order to determine if the state has properly elected to cover PACE services as a state plan option. In the event that the state changes something in the state plan, only the affected page must be updated. Form Number: CMS-10227 (OMB control number: 0938-1027); Frequency: Once and occasionally; Affected Public: State, Local, or Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 7; Total Annual Responses: 2; Total Annual Hours: 140. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Angela Cimino at 410-786-2638.)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: January 22, 2020.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2020-01348 Filed 1-27-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P