Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of submission to the Office of Management and Budget; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review. The information collection is entitled, “NRC Forms 366, 366A, and 366B, Licensee Event Report.”
Submit comments by March 27, 2020. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
Submit comments directly to the OMB reviewer at: OMB Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0104), Attn: Desk Officer for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 725 17th Street NW Washington, DC 20503; email: email@example.com.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, NRC Clearance Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID: NRC-2019-0085 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking website: Go to https://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2019-0085. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2019-0085 on this website.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing ADAMS Accession No. ML19294A208. The supporting statement and NRC Forms 366, 366A, and 366B, “Licensee Event Report,” are available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML19294A248.
NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting the NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Start Printed Page 11127
B. Submitting Comments
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at https://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to OMB, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
Under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC recently submitted a request for renewal of an existing collection of information to OMB for review entitled, “NRC Forms 366, 366A, and 366B, Licensee Event Report.” The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number.
The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on September 16, 2019 (84 FR 48650).
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Forms 366, 366A, and 366B, Licensee Event Report.
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0104.
3. Type of submission: Revision.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Forms 366, 366A and 366B.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: As needed per 10 CFR 50.73, “Licensee event report system.”
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: The holder of an operating license under 10 CFR part 50 or a combined license under 10 CFR part 52 (after the Commission has made the finding under section 52.103(g)).
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 350.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 98 (number of operating nuclear units in the U.S.).
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: The total estimated burden for completing Licensee Event Reports is 28,000 hours (based on 80 hours for each of 350 reports).
10. Abstract: Part of the NRC's function is to license and regulate the operation of commercial nuclear power plants to ensure protection of public health and safety and the environment in accordance with the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (the Act) as amended. In order for the NRC to carry out these responsibilities, licensees must report significant events in accordance with section 50.73, so that the NRC can evaluate the events to determine what actions, if any, are warranted to ensure protection of public health and safety or the environment. Section 50.73 requires reporting on NRC Forms 366, 366A, and 366B.
End Supplemental Information
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 21st day of February 2020.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David C. Cullison,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2020-03826 Filed 2-25-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P