Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The EPA Safer Choice program is accepting submissions for its 2020 Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards. EPA developed the Partner of the Year Awards to recognize the leadership contributions of Safer Choice partners and stakeholders who, over the past year, have shown achievement in the design, manufacture, selection, and use of products with safer chemicals, which furthers outstanding or innovative source reduction. All Safer Choice stakeholders and program participants in good standing are eligible for recognition. Interested parties who would like to be considered for this award should submit to EPA information about their accomplishments and contributions during 2019. There is no form associated with this year's application. Award winners will be recognized at a Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards ceremony that is being planned for in the Fall of 2020.
Submissions are due on or before May 31, 2020.
Candidates interested in learning more about the Partner of the Year Awards should refer to the Safer Choice website: https://www.epa.gov/saferchoice/safer-choice-partner-year-awards. Please submit materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The docket for this action, identified by docket information (ID) number EPA-HQ-OPPT-2019-0104 (2020 Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards Program), is available at http://www.regulations.gov or at the Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics Docket (OPPT Docket), Environmental Protection Agency Docket Center (EPA/DC), West William Jefferson Clinton Bldg., Rm. 3334, 1301 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC. The Public Reading Room is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays. The telephone number for the Public Reading Room is (202) 566-1744, and the telephone number for the OPPT Docket is (202) 566-0280. Please review the visitor instructions and additional information about the docket available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Linda Rutsch, Chemistry, Economics and Sustainable Strategies Division, Start Printed Page 16335Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, Environmental Protection Agency, Mail Code 7406M, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (202) 343-9924; email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are a Safer Choice program partner or stakeholder. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
- Other Basic Inorganic Chemical Manufacturing (NAICS code 325180);
- All Other Basic Organic Chemical Manufacturing (Primary) (NAICS code 325199);
- Pesticide and Other Agricultural Chemical Manufacturing (NAICS code 325320);
- Paint and Coating Manufacturing (NAICS code 325510);
- Adhesive Manufacturing (NAICS code 325520);
- Soap and Other Detergent Manufacturing (NAICS code 325611);
- Polish and Other Sanitation Good Manufacturing (NAICS code 325612);
- Surface Active Agent Manufacturing (Primary) (NAICS code 325613);
- Toilet Preparation Manufacturing (NAICS code 325620);
- Photographic Film, Paper, Plate, and Chemical Manufacturing (NAICS code 325992);
- All Other Miscellaneous Chemical Product and Preparation Manufacturing (NAICS code 325998);
- Service Establishment Equipment and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers (Primary) (NAICS code 423850);
- Other Chemical and Allied Products Merchant Wholesalers (Primary) (NAICS code 424690);
- Supermarkets and Other Grocery (except Convenience) Stores (Primary) (NAICS code 445110);
- All Other Specialty Food Stores (NAICS code 445299);
- Pharmacies and Drug Stores (NAICS code 446110);
- Office Supplies and Stationery Stores (NAICS code 453210);
- All Other Miscellaneous Store Retailers (except Tobacco Stores) (Primary) (NAICS code 453998);
- Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses (NAICS code 454110);
- Research and Development in Biotechnology (except Nanobiotechnology) (Primary) (NAICS code 541714);
- Facilities Support Services (NAICS code 561210);
- Janitorial Services (NAICS code 561720);
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Services (NAICS code 561740);
- Elementary and Secondary Schools (NAICS code 611110);
- Colleges, Universities, and Professional Schools (NAICS code 611310);
- Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events with Facilities (NAICS code 711310);
- Drycleaning and Laundry Services (NAICS code 8123);
- Civic and Social Organizations (Primary) (NAICS code 813410);
- Business Associations (Primary) (NAICS code 813910);
- Administration of Air and Water Resource and Solid Waste Management Programs (Primary) (NAICS code 924110); and
- Other General Government Support (NAICS code 921190).
As part of its environmental mission, the Safer Choice program partners with businesses to help consumers and commercial buyers identify products with safer chemical ingredients, without sacrificing quality or performance. Toward this end, the Safer Choice program certifies products containing ingredients that have met the program's specific and rigorous human health and environmental toxicological criteria. The Safer Choice program allows the use of its label on products that perform and contain safer ingredients, as determined by expert evaluation. The Safer Choice program recognition represents a high level of achievement in formulating products that are safer for people and the environment. The purpose of the Partner of the Year Awards is to recognize the leadership contributions of Safer Choice partners and stakeholders who, over the past year, have shown achievement in the design, manufacture, selection, and use of products with safer chemicals, which furthers outstanding or innovative source reduction.
III. How can I participate?
To be considered for a Partner of the Year Award, candidates should notify the Safer Choice program of their interest. They should submit supporting information on their accomplishments and contributions focusing on calendar year 2019. There is no form associated with this year's application. Candidates interested in learning more about the Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards should refer to the Safer Choice website: https://www.epa.gov/saferchoice/safer-choice-partner-year-awards.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: March 17, 2020.
Alexandra Dapolito Dunn,
Assistant Administrator, Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention.
[FR Doc. 2020-06072 Filed 3-20-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P