Start Printed Page 23372
Office of the Chief Information Officer, HUD.
HUD is seeking approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act, HUD is requesting comment from all interested parties on the proposed collection of information. The purpose of this notice is to allow for 30 days of public comment.
Comments Due Date: May 27, 2020.
Interested persons are invited to submit comments regarding this proposal. Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/Start Printed Page 15501PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Colette Pollard, Reports Management Officer, QDAM, Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th Street SW, Washington, DC 20410; email Colette Pollard at Colette.Pollard@hud.gov or telephone 202-402-3400. Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access this number through TTY by calling the toll-free Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. This is not a toll-free number. Copies of available documents submitted to OMB may be obtained from Ms. Pollard.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice informs the public that HUD is seeking approval from OMB for the information collection described in Section A.
A. Overview of Information Collection
Title of Information Collection: Public Housing Capital Fund Program.
OMB Approval Number: 2577-0157.
Type of Request: Revision of a currently approved collection and one new Notices of Funding Availability (NOFA) added after the 60-day comment period.
Form Numbers: HUD Form 50075.1, HUD-5084, HUD-5087, HUD-51000, HUD-51001, HUD-51002, HUD-51003, HUD-5104, HUD-51915, HUD-51915-A, HUD-51971-I-II, HUD-52396, HUD-52427, HUD-52482, HUD-52483-A, HUD-52484, HUD-52485, HUD-52651-A, HUD-52829, HUD-52830, HUD-52833, HUD-52845, HUD-52846, HUD-52847, HUD-52849, HUD-53001, HUD-53015, HUD-5370, HUD-5370EZ, HUD-5370C, HUD-5372, HUD-5378, HUD-5460, HUD-52828, 50071, 5370-C1, 5370-C2.
Description of the need for the information and proposed use: Each year Congress appropriates funds to approximately 3,015 Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) for modernization, development, financing, and management improvements. The funds are allocated based on a complex formula. The forms in this collection are used to appropriately disburse and utilize the funds provided to PHAs. Additionally, these forms provide the information necessary to approve a financing transaction in addition to any Capital Fund Financing transactions. Respondents include the approximately 3,015 PHA receiving Capital Funds and any other PHAs wishing to pursue financing.
This proposed information collection has been revised to include the following changes below:
1. HUD has removed all of the hours for the annual submission of form HUD-50075.2 and reduced the hours for HUD-50075.1. HUD is now collecting that information electronically thru the Energy Performance Information Center (EPIC) system. These hours were transferred to OMB No. 2577-0274 Energy Performance Information Center (EPIC). HUD will continue to use the HUD-50075.1 for the Capital Fund set aside grant programs, Lead Based Paint, Emergency Safety and Security, and Emergency and Disaster. Only those hours remain in 2577-0157.1. As a result, the burden hours were decreased 9,260 hours
2. Due to conversion of Public Housing to the Section 8 thru the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Program, the number of PHAs receiving Capital Funds has been reduced from 3,100 to 3,015. This has reduced the number of hours by 3,774.
3. The total reduction in in burden hours are 13,034.
Respondents (i.e., Affected Public): Public Housing Authorities
|Information collection||Number of respondents||Frequency of response||Responses per annum||Burden hour per response||Annual burden hours||Hourly cost per response||Annual cost|
|HUD-51915 and HUD-51915-A||2,630||1||2,630||3||7,890||34||268,260|
|Start Printed Page 23373|
|Public Housing Information Center Certification of Accuracy||3,015||1||3,015||2||6,030.00||34||186,000|
|HUD-52828 Physical Needs Assessment form||3,015||1||3,015||15.4||46,431||56||2,600,136|
|Broadband Feasibility determination||3,015||1||3,015||10||30,150||56||1,688,400|
|Mold, Carbon Monoxide and other Hazards NOFA||50||1||50||.5||25||34||850|
B. Solicitation of Public Comment
This notice is soliciting comments from members of the public and affected parties concerning the collection of information described in Section A on the following:
(1) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) The accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information;
(3) Ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
(5) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
HUD encourages interested parties to submit comment in response to these questions.
Section 3507 of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, 44 U.S.C. Chapter 35.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 21, 2020.
Department Reports Management Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2020-08845 Filed 4-24-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P