Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until August 3, 2020.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Scott A. Brinks, Regulatory Drafting and Policy Support Section, Drug Enforcement Administration; Mailing Address: 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, Virginia 22152; Telephone: (571) 362-3261.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information proposed to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Permit to Export Controlled Substances; Application for Permit to Export Controlled Substances for Subsequent Reexport.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: DEA Forms: 161, 161R, and 161R-EEA. The applicable component within the Department of Justice is the Drug Enforcement Administration, Office of Diversion Control.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Affected public (Primary): Business or other for-profit.
Affected public (Other): Not-for-profit institutions; Federal, State, local, and tribal governments.
Abstract: Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR), Sections 1312.21 and 1312.22 require that any person who desires to export or reexport controlled substances listed in schedules I or II, any narcotic substance listed in schedules III or IV, or any non-narcotic substance in schedule III which the Administrator has specifically designated by regulation in § 1312.30, or any non-narcotic substance in schedule IV or V which is also listed in schedule I or II of the Convention on Psychotropic Substances, must have an export permit.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: DEA estimates that 127 respondents, with 7,282 responses annually to this collection. DEA estimates that it takes .52719 hours to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the proposed collection: DEA estimates that this collection takes 3,839 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required please contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, Suite 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: May 28, 2020.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-11924 Filed 6-2-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P