Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Renewal of existing information collection; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment on the renewal of Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for an existing collection of information. The information collection is entitled, “Nondiscrimination in Start Printed Page 35129Federally Assisted Programs or Activities Receiving Assistance from the Commission.”
Submit comments by August 7, 2020. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to ensure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Website: Go to https://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2019-0257. Address questions about NRC dockets IDs in Regulations.gov to Jennifer Borges; telephone: 301-287-9127; email: Jennifer.Borges@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
Mail comments to: David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, Mail Stop: T-6 A10M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2019-0257 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
Federal Rulemaking Website: Go to https://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2019-0257. A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing Docket ID NRC-2019-0257 on this website.
NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. A copy of NRC Forms 782 and related instructions may be obtained without charge by accessing ADAMS Accession No. ML20066F203. The supporting statement and burden spreadsheet are available in ADAMS under Accession Nos. ML20066F181 and ML20066F217.
NRC's Clearance Officer: A copy of the collection of information and related instructions may be obtained without charge by contacting NRC's Clearance Officer, David Cullison, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001; telephone: 301-415-2084; email: Infocollects.Resource@nrc.gov.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2019-0257 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information in comment submissions that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at https://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS, and the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment into ADAMS.
In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35), the NRC is requesting public comment on its intention to request the OMB's approval for the information collection summarized below.
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 4, Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Commission Programs.
2. OMB approval number: 3150-0053.
3. Type of submission: Revision.
4. The form number, if applicable: NRC Forms 782.
5. How often the collection is required or requested: NRC Form 782 is submitted on occasion, if any person believes himself or any specific class of individuals have been subjected to discrimination prohibited by title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) part 4, subpart A—Regulations Implementing Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Title IV of the Energy Reorganization Act of 1974, on behalf of the primary funding recipient or any other recipient that received NRC Federal financial assistance through the primary funding recipient. Self-evaluations are performed throughout the duration of obligation based on 10 CFR 4.231, Responsibility of applicants and recipients.
6. Who will be required or asked to respond: Recipients of Federal Financial Assistance provided by the NRC (including Educational Institutions, Other Nonprofit Organizations receiving Federal Assistance, and Agreement States).
7. The estimated number of annual responses: 452 (52 reporting responses + 200 recordkeeping responses + 200 third-party disclosure responses).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 200.
9. The estimated number of hours needed annually to comply with the information collection requirement or request: 727 hours (27 hours reporting + 650 hours recordkeeping + 50 hours third-party disclosure).
10. Abstract: All recipients of Federal financial assistance from the NRC are subject to the provisions of 10 CFR part 4, “Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Programs or Activities Receiving Assistance from the Commission.” Respondents must notify participants, beneficiaries, applicants, and employees of nondiscrimination practices and keep records of Federal financial assistance and of their own self-evaluations of policies and practices. In the event that discrimination is alleged in NRC-conducted and Federal financially assisted programs and activities, it may be reported using NRC Form 782.
III. Specific Requests for Comments
The NRC is seeking comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the estimate of the burden of the information collection accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?Start Printed Page 35130
4. How can the burden of the information collection on respondents be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 3, 2020.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
David C. Cullison,
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2020-12328 Filed 6-5-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P