U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
In accordance with the Paperwork Reductions Act (PRA) of 1995 the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will submit the following Information Collection Request (ICR) to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance. This information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on April 16, 2020, allowing for a 60-day comment period. ICE received no comments. The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until July 20, 2020.
Written comments and recommendations should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice via the Federal eRulemaking Portal website at http://www.regulations.gov under e-Docket ID number ICEB-2008-0006; The comments submitted via this method are visible to the Office of Management and Budget, and comply with the requirements of 5 CFR 1320.12(c).
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
For specific questions related to collection activities, please contact Patrick J. Kearns (202-732-6261), firstname.lastname@example.org, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension, Without Change, of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for a Stay of Deportation or Removal.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: Form I-246, ICE.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individual or Households, Business or other non-profit. The information collected on the I-246 is necessary for ICE to make a determination that the eligibility requirements for a request for a stay of deportation or removal are met by the applicant.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: ICE estimates a total of 4,650 responses at 30 minutes (.5 hours) per response.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 2,325 annual burden hours.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 15, 2020.
PRA Clearance Officer.
[FR Doc. 2020-13146 Filed 6-17-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P