Office of the Chief Information Officer, HUD.
HUD has submitted the proposed information collection Start Printed Page 54589requirement described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review, in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days of public comment.
Comments Due Date: October 2, 2020.
Interested persons are invited to submit comments regarding this proposal. Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/Start Printed Page 15501PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Colette Pollard, Reports Management Officer, QDAM, Department of Housing and Urban Development, 451 7th Street SW, Washington, DC 20410; email Colette Pollard at Colette.Pollard@hud.gov or telephone 202-402-3400. Persons with hearing or speech impairments may access this number through TTY by calling the toll-free Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. This is not a toll-free number. Copies of available documents submitted to OMB may be obtained from Ms. Pollard.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice informs the public that HUD has submitted to OMB a request for approval of the information collection described in Section A. The Federal Register notice that solicited public comment on the information collection for a period of 60 days was published on March 9, 2020 at 85 FR 13671.
A. Overview of Information Collection
Title of Information Collection: Single Family Application for Insurance Benefits.
OMB Approval Number: 2502-0429.
Type of Request: Revision.
Form Numbers: HUD-27011, HUD-9519-A, HUD-9539, HUD-50002, HUD-50012
Description of the need for the information and proposed use: The respondents for this collection of information are Mortgagees that service FHA-insured mortgage loans; Mortgagors who are the homeowners; and the Mortgage Compliance Manager (MCM) contractor who manages HUD's single family real estate owned (REO) activities. This collection of information is where FHA-insured mortgage loan servicing covers the claims, conveyance process, property inspection, and preservation. The data and information provided is essential for managing HUD's programs and FHA's Mutual Mortgage Insurance Fund.
Respondents: Individuals or households and business or other for-profits.
Estimated Number of Respondents: 440.
Estimated Number of Responses: 1,125,454.
Frequency of Response: 2557.85.
Average Hours per Response: 0.8293677961.
Total Estimated Burdens: 933,415.30.
B. Solicitation of Public Comment
This notice is soliciting comments from members of the public and affected parties concerning the collection of information described in Section A on the following:
(1) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) The accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information;
(3) Ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
(5) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology. HUD encourages interested parties to submit comment in response to these questions.
Section 2 of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, 44 U.S.C. 3507.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: August 14, 2020.
Department Repots Management Officer, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
[FR Doc. 2020-19331 Filed 9-1-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4210-67-P