Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.
Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until November 24, 2020.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Gerry Lynn Brovey, Supervisory Information Liaison Specialist, FBI, CJIS, Resources Management Section, Administrative Unit, Module C-2, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia, 26306 (telephone: 304-625-5093) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, including whether the information will have practical utility;Start Printed Page 60493
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection o information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Final Disposition Report.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: Agency form number: R-84, with supplemental questions R-84(a), R-84(b), R-84(c), R-84(d), R-84(e), R-84(f), R-84(g), R-84(h), R-84(i), and R-84(j).
Sponsoring component: Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Individuals or households. Primary: City, county, state, federal and tribal law enforcement agencies. This collection is needed to report completion of an arrest event. Acceptable data is stored as part of the Next Generation Identification (NGI) system of the FBI.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 75,605 respondents will complete each form within approximately 5 minutes.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 81,074.75 total annual hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: September 22, 2020.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2020-21225 Filed 9-24-20; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P