U.S. Marshals Service, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), U.S. Marshals Service (USMS), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until March 29, 2021.
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: New collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: Form USM-649, Vulnerability Assessment Request.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: Form USM-649.
Component: U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: State, local, and tribal organizations.
Abstract: This form should be completed by state, local and tribal government agencies to request a vulnerability assessment of a government facility by the United States Marshals Service.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 20 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 30 minutes to complete the form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 10 hours, which is equal to (20 (total # of annual responses) * .5 (30 mins).
(7) An Explanation of the Change in Estimates: New collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: February 22, 2021.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2021-03922 Filed 2-24-21; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P