Corporation for National and Community Service.
Notice of information collection; request for comment.
The Corporation for National and Community Service, operating as AmeriCorps, has submitted a public information collection request (ICR) entitled Generic Clearance for the Collection of Pilot and Test Data for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by April 5, 2021.
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Copies of this ICR, with applicable supporting documentation, may be obtained by calling Amy Borgstrom at 202-422-2781 or by email to email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The OMB is particularly interested in comments which:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of AmeriCorps, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions;
- Propose ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Propose ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
A 60-day Notice requesting public comment was published in the Federal Register on Monday, November 30 at 85: 76543. This comment period ended January 29, 2021. No comments were received.
Title of Collection: Generic Clearance for the Collection of Pilot and Test Data.
OMB Control Number: 3045-0163.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Respondents/Affected Public: Individuals and Households.
Total Estimated Number of Annual Responses: 350.
Total Estimated Number of Annual Burden Hours: 10,500 minutes.
Abstract: AmeriCorps seeks to renew the current information collection. The information collection will enable pilot testing of survey instruments in an efficient, timely manner, in accordance with the Administration's commitment to improving service delivery. By pilot testing we mean information that provides useful insights on how respondents interact with the instrument, but are not statistical surveys that yield quantitative results that can be generalized to the population of study. This feedback will provide insights into customer or stakeholder perceptions, experiences and expectations regarding prospective studies. It will also allow feedback to contribute directly to the improvement of research program management.
The Agency will only submit a collection for approval under this generic clearance if it meets the following conditions:
- The collections are voluntary;
- The collections are low-burden for respondents (based on considerations of total burden hours, total number of respondents, or burden-hours per respondent) and are low-cost for both the respondents and the Federal Government;
- The collections are non-controversial and do not raise issues of concern to other Federal agencies;
- Any collection is targeted to the solicitation of opinions from respondents who have experience with the program or may have experience with the program in the near future;
- Personally identifiable information (PII) is collected only to the extent necessary and is not retained;
- Information gathered will be used only internally for general service improvement and program management purposes and is not intended for release outside of the agency;
- Information gathered will not be used for the purpose of substantially informing influential policy decisions; and
- Information gathered will yield qualitative information; the collections will not be designed or expected to yield statistically reliable results or used as though the results are generalizable to the population of study.
Feedback collected under this generic clearance provides useful information, but it does not yield data that can be generalized to the overall population. This type of generic clearance for qualitative information will not be used for quantitative information collections that are designed to yield reliably actionable results, such as monitoring trends over time or documenting program performance. Such data uses require more rigorous designs that address the target population to which generalizations will be made, the sampling frame, the sample design (including stratification and clustering), the precision requirements or power calculations that justify the proposed sample size, the expected response rate, methods for assessing potential non-response bias, the protocols for data collection, and any testing procedures that were or will be undertaken prior to fielding the study. Depending on the degree of influence the results are likely to have, such collections may still be eligible for submission for other generic mechanisms that are designed to yield quantitative results.
As a general matter, information collections will not result in any new system of records containing privacy information and will not ask questions of a sensitive nature, such as sexual behavior and attitudes, religious beliefs, and other matters that are commonly considered private. The information collection will be used in the same Start Printed Page 12662manner as the existing application. AmeriCorps also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on March 31, 20201.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: February 25, 2021.
Director, Office of Research and Evaluation.
[FR Doc. 2021-04421 Filed 3-3-21; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-28-P