Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Department of Justice (DOJ) will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until April 26, 2021.
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension with change of a currently approved collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: Records and Supporting Data: Importation, Receipt, Storage, and Disposition by Explosives Importers, Manufacturers, Dealers, and Users Licensed Under Title 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 Explosives.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Start Printed Page 15961
Form number: None.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: This information collection requires the maintenance of records showing daily activities in the importation, manufacture, receipt, storage, and disposition of all explosive materials covered under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 40 Explosives. These records must also show where and to whom explosive materials are sent, thereby ensuring that any diversions will be readily apparent, and that ATF will be immediately notified if these materials are lost or stolen.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 9,411 respondents will prepare records for this information collection annually, and it will take each respondent approximately 12.6 hours to prepare the required records.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 592,893 hours, which is equal to 47,055 (# of annual responses) * 12.6 (# of hours per response).
(7) An Explanation of the Change in Estimates: The adjustments associated with this collection include a decrease in the number of respondents, responses and total burden hours by 516, 2,580, and 32,508 hours respectively, since the last IC renewal in 2017.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: March 22, 2021.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2021-06170 Filed 3-24-21; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-14-P