U.S. Marshals Service, Department of Justice.
The U.S. Marshals Service (USMS), Department of Justice (DOJ), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until June 7, 2021.
Written comments and recommendations for the proposed information collection should be sent within 30 days of publication of this notice to www.reginfo.gov/public/do/PRAMain. Find this particular information collection by selecting “Currently under 30-day Review—Open for Public Comments” or by using the search function.
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension with change of a currently approved collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: District/Aviation Security Officers (DSO/ASO) Personal Qualifications Statement.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: Form USM-234.
Component: U.S. Marshals Service, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: District/Aviation Security Officers Job Applicants.
Abstract: This form will primarily be used to collect applicant reference information. Reference checking is an objective evaluation of an applicant's past job performance based on information collected from key individuals (e.g., supervisors, peers, subordinates) who have known and Start Printed Page 24669worked with the applicant. Reference checking is a necessary supplement to the evaluation of resumes and other descriptions of training and experience, and allows the selecting official to hire applicants with a strong history of performance. The questions on this form have been developed following the OPM, MSPB, and DOJ “Best Practice” guidelines for reference checking.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 1000 respondents will utilize the form, and it will take each respondent approximately 60 minutes to complete the form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 1000 hours, which is equal to (1000 (total # of annual responses) * 1 (60 mins).
(7) An Explanation of the Change in Estimates: New collection.
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: May 4, 2021.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2021-09699 Filed 5-6-21; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-04-P