Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), Department of Justice (DOJ), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for Start Printed Page 26070review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed collection OMB 1140-0072 (Explosives Employee Possessor Questionnaire—ATF Form 5400.28) is being revised to include additional questions, and a new format and layout to improve user experience. This collection is also being published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until July 12, 2021.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments, regarding the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please contact: Shawn Stevens, Federal Explosives Licensing Center either by mail at 44 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405, by email at Shawn.Stevens@atf.gov, or by telephone at 304-616-4400.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so, how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection (check justification or form 83): Revision of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Explosives Employee Possessor Questionnaire.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number (if applicable): ATF Form 5400.28.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individuals or households.
Other (if applicable): Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: The Explosives Employee Possessor Questionnaire—ATF Form 5400.28 will be used to determine if an individual is qualified to serve as an employee possessor, who can ship, transport, receive, and/or possess materials for an explosives business or operation.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 10,000 respondents will use the form annually, and it will take each respondent approximately 20 minutes to complete their responses.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 3,334 hours, which is equal to 10,000 (# of respondents) * .3333 (20 minutes).
If additional information is required contact: Melody Braswell, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE, 3E.405A, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: May 7, 2021.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2021-10005 Filed 5-11-21; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P