Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Health and Human Services (HHS).
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (the PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including the necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions, the accuracy of the estimated burden, ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected, and the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by September 20, 2021.
Start Printed Page 38486
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number: __, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' website address at website address at https://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/PaperworkReductionActof1995/PRA-Listing.html.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
William N. Parham at (410) 786-4669.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the following information collections. More detailed information can be found in each collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-10141 Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Program
CMS-R-43 Conditions of Coverage for Portable X-ray Suppliers and Supporting Regulations
Under the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Program; Use: Plan sponsor and State information is used by CMS to approve contract applications, monitor compliance with contract requirements, make proper payment to plans, and ensure that correct information is disclosed to potential and current enrollees. Form Number: CMS-10141 (OMB control number: 0938-0964); Frequency: Once; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other for-profit and Not-for-profit institutions); Number of Respondents: 11,771,497; Total Annual Responses: 675,231,213; Total Annual Hours: 9,312,314. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Maureen Connors at 410-786-4132.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a previously approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Conditions of Coverage for Portable X-ray Suppliers and Supporting Regulations; Use: The requirements contained in this information collection request are classified as conditions of participation or conditions for coverage. Portable X-rays are basic radiology studies (predominately chest and extremity X-rays) performed on patients in skilled nursing facilities, residents of long-term care facilities and homebound patients. The CoPs are based on criteria described in the law, and are designed to ensure that each portable X-ray supplier has properly trained staff and provides the appropriate type and level of care for patients. The information collection requirements described below are necessary to certify portable X-ray suppliers wishing to participate in the Medicare program. There are currently 506 portable X-ray suppliers participating in the Medicare program.
On September 30, 2019 (84 FR 51732), CMS updated the personnel requirements for portable X-ray technicians at 42 CFR 486.104(a), to focus on the qualifications of the individual performing services removing school accreditation requirements and simplifying the structure of the requirements. Additionally, CMS also revised the requirements for referral of service at 42 CFR 486.106(a) for portable X-ray requirements for orders. This change removed the requirement that physician or non-physician practitioner's orders for portable X-ray services must be written and signed and replacing the specific requirements related to the content of each portable X-ray order with a cross-reference to the requirements at 42 CFR 410.32, which also apply to portable X-ray services. Form Number: CMS-R-43 (OMB Control number: 0938-0338); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Business or other for-profit and Not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 506; Total Annual Responses: 1,012; Total Annual Hours: 324. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact James Cowher at 410-786-1948.)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: July 16, 2021.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2021-15532 Filed 7-20-21; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P